Sunday, May 3, 2009

A taste of Summer in April

Two weeks ago, I got to have a taste of summer. Not in the heat and "what-can-we-do-now-Mom?" part, but the fun parts. My favorite part of summer is what I call Playing Stay Home Mom. Being a teacher allows me to have 10 weeks off with the kids. We settle into this beautiful routine of discovering our adopted home. I love this area and can't seem to get to know it all. I think if we would have stayed in our home state, I don't know that I would have felt the need to get out and do as much as I do here.

This picture is of us at the Smithsonian Darwin exhibit. My mom came and really wanted to see it. We packed up for a day at the museum, as did half of the east coast. We had fun all the same and really kept our spirits up.

No comments:

Post a Comment