Saturday, April 11, 2009

sewing


I made these pants for E last week based on a pattern from this book by Heather Ross. I could have probably found a pattern in my stash that would work better for her but I really wanted to play with the pattern tracing wheel and paper. I had never done that technique before and it was cool. I made them a flare bottom because she had another pair of pants similar in style and she liked it. Plus that gives her a little bit more freedom of movement. We just happened to have a shirt that matches it perfectly which just thrilled E to no end.

I got the material at Jo-Ann's recently. E and I ran in there for something and she saw that fabric and declared they would be perfect for pants. I don't naturally look at purple owl material and think "Why wouldn't that make great pants?" But then that is why we have 8-year-olds.

She likes them and I guess that is all that matters.

No comments:

Post a Comment