Friday, April 10, 2009

Gardening

I don't really know what I am doing. For years, I have listened to my mother talk about gardening. I have always been interested in it, but in a different way than her I think. I like flowers, but don't really focus on them. Food though, always a passion. I love the idea of growing my own food and cooking with it. I like the independent nature of the experience; the control over the process. I have always had a rebellious streak and I think growing my own food is a natural extension of it.

So today I got a huge chunk of my garden done. I have expanded my vegetable bed from last year and had 3 more beds. Basically tripling the amount of footage I have to plant. I need it too. Our eyes are bigger than our garden, so to speak.



T got into it too.


No comments:

Post a Comment