Saturday, April 11, 2009

Hot Cross Buns

I saw this post and just knew I had to make these. I have the book Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day. We have been making bread almost daily since the new year. It was my resolution. But I have just started making the variations from the book. So fun.

Honestly, I had never had one until recently when we went into Panera one morning with the kids on my way to work. They had cut up some and they really tasted pretty good. I mixed it up yesterday morning. I substituted some white whole wheat flour into it - just to make me think I might be making something more healthy - and I used the base recipe for challah, not the brioche for the same lame healthy excuse.


Here is mine all mixed up.


I would show you a picture of them done... lets just say they are pretty much gone. They were that good.

Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment